What is an Employee?
Employees consist of all of the workers for your company. Administrators have access to add/edit/delete employees.
Adding an Employee
To add an employee, click on Employees (1) on the left tool bar under the Main heading, then click Create Employee (2) at the top. From there, enter the following (3):
- Name: employee first/last name (middle name is optional)
- Employee Number: a number to be tied to the employee; his can be any number but it makes sense to go in numerical order
- Employee Department: the department to be tied to the employee
- Employee SIN: the employee’s social insurance number (optional)
- Employee DOB: the employee’s date of birth (optional)
- Employee Notes: any notes related to the employee which won’t be seen by them (optional)
Then click Next Step (4).
All of the information in the second step is optional:
And in the third step:
- Date Hired: the date the employee was hired
- Wage: how much the employee makes hourly (optional)
- Night Shift Premium: The wage when an employee works a night shift(optional)
- Shift: the hours the employee is scheduled to work and what late penalties are applied
- Supervisor’s name: the employee’s department’s supervisor (optional)
- Salary (check box): If the box is checked, the employee’s lates and absences are not calculated
- Is Supervisor (check box): If the box is checked, the employee will be able to be selected to be a department supervisor. It is recommended to create all supervisors before other employees to simplify the task of tagging employees under supervisors.
And finally, the fourth step:
- System Access Level:
- Standard user: Has access to view My Time Summary and allocate time for jobs.
- Department Head: Has access to add/edit/delete shifts, jobs, tasks, customers, vendors, and view all the reports.
- Administrator: Has access to add/edit/delete anything in KareHR.
- User Name/Password: the credentials for the employee to sign into KareHR
Editing an Employee
To edit an employee, click on Employees (1) on the left tool bar under the Main heading, then click on the employee to edit them. From there, there is lots that can be done. All of the information entered during the employee creation process can be edited here, as well as adding a profile picture, and adding scheduled days off and sick days.
To add days off, click on days off (2) at the top and then click on add day off (3) below that. Then select a start and end date, and the type of absence, for example vacation. You can add notes if you’d like, then click save (4). How many vacation/sick days an employee gets can also be modified here.
Deleting an Employee
To delete an employee, click on Employees (1) on the left tool bar under the Main heading, then click on the employee (2).
From there, click on Delete Employee (1) at the top, then click yes.